AUBURN, Ala. (AP) -- Elston Turner scored 21 points and Alex Caruso added another 14 points in Texas A&M's come-from-behind victory over Auburn, 65-56 Wednesday night.
Auburn opened the game with a 12-0 run through the first six minutes of play, but Texas A&M (16-10, 6-7 Southeastern Conference) fought back to cut the Tigers' lead to 31-29 by halftime. The Aggies closed the game on a 12-5 run over the final five minutes to pull away.
The Aggies outshot Auburn from the field, finishing 22 of 50, while the Tigers made 21 of 56 shots.
Allen Payne led Auburn (9-17, 3-10) with 11 points.
Texas A&M shot 11 of 30 from the field in the first half before turning things around and shooting 11 of 20 in the second half. Auburn's shooting dropped off from 13 of 26 in the first half to 8 of 30 in the second.
Texas A&M Men's Basketball
Texas A&M 65, Auburn 56
Feb. 20, 2013 ● Auburn Arena
TEAM RECORDS & SERIES NOTES
● With the win, Texas A&M improved to 16-10 on the season with a 6-7 mark in SEC play.
● Auburn, meanwhile, fell to 9-17 on the year and 3-10 in league play.
● The all-time series between the schools stands at 4-2 in favor of the Aggies.
● Texas A&M misfired on its first 13 shots of the ballgame, en route to shooting 36.7 percent (11-for-30) during the first half ... For the game, the Aggies shot 44 percent (22-of-50) from the floor.
● Auburn finished 21-of-56 from the field for a 37.5 team shooting percentage.
● Strong free throw shooting down the stretch sealed the win for the Aggies as they made 13-of-14 second half free throw attempts including all six of their attempts from the charity stripe during the game's final 27 seconds.
● Senior guard Elston Turner made 6-of-12 shots from the field to finished with a game-high 21 points ... It marked the 12th game of 20 or more points during Turner's A&M career.
● Freshman Alex Caruso finished with career highs in points (14) and assists (8).
● Freshman guard J'Mychal Reese returned to the starting line-up for the first time since the Kentucky game on Feb. 2 ... Reese finished with seven points and two assists.
● Junior guard Fabyon Harris missed the game with a sprained ankle and is listed as day-to-day.
● The Aggie return to College Station to host Tennessee on Saturday ... The game will be televised by the SEC Network.
● Auburn, meanwhile, will face Ole Miss in Oxford on Saturday.